27 February 2022

No Schradenfreude

My rant about being abandoned in the field couldn't have possibly been taken as a hint, could it?

It was just that: my rant. It was not directed at anyone. If I had known that a rant could effect a change of luck I would have ranted seven months ago.

But,for now, an expression of thanks is in order.

I love the vista

My thanks to all the local Captains, who, seemingly, after a lengthy period of wondering when I would be promoted and consequently shoulder some of the workload, launched a covert operation. With no regard to their personal safety, voluntarily and valiantly did they expose themselves to and as a result, were found positive for, Covid19, both asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. Or so my story goes in snarky vein.

If not for this courageous lot causing the rapid drop in availabe pilots for duty, I wonder if I ever would have been called up to assume right hand seat command duties with immediate effect. The email was at long last issued, on my employment as a Captain, and I owe them all a debt of gratitude.

Or a nasi lemak bungkus and teh halia.

2 comments:

  1. pandemics aren't always dark clouds my dear friend…. so for your flying organisation …. they must be glad there is a "negative" pilot ready to slide seats…. how lucky they are for not having grounded aircrafts due to "positive" captains…. alas.. you don't owe them!!!! they owe you big time for staying healthy and keeping the show on the road!!!!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS CAPTAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, you alwqays seem to shed a good light on my snarky passages. Thank you for that, for steering me towards a better perspective than the one that keeps me looking over my shoulder. Once this cloud has passed, we should find time in Semenanjung for a pint! Or.....somewhere in Lion City!!

    ReplyDelete